Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Do Not Commit the 8th Deadly Sin of Indifference | The Merrow Report

Do Not Commit the 8th Deadly Sin of Indifference | The Merrow Report

Do Not Commit the 8th Deadly Sin of Indifference


I imagine that almost everyone has at least a passing acquaintance with the Seven Deadly Sins, even if their names don’t roll easily off your tongue. For the record and to jog your memory, the Seven Deadly Sins are pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth.
If you’re like me, you have known most (maybe all) of them intimately, although hopefully only occasionally.
But my point is not to confess my own transgressions or to list how the current occupant of the White House seems to embody all Seven Sins.
Instead, I hope to convince you that, in this Elections Season, an 8th Deadly Sin is the greatest and most offensive of all. Let’s call this sin ‘Indifference,’ although it is often expressed in other terms, like ‘I’m So Tired of Politics,’ ‘Pandemic Fatigue,’ ‘I’m Sitting Out The Election,’ or even the absurd ‘Trump and Biden are Two Peas in a Pod so I say “A Plague on Both Their Houses.“‘
Indifference is a Cardinal Sin because this November the future of America is at CONTINUE READING: Do Not Commit the 8th Deadly Sin of Indifference | The Merrow Report