Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, September 25, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007
 
 


Ed Tech Digest
Nine years ago, in another somewhat futile attempt to reduce the backlog of resources I want to share, I began this occasional “” post where I share three or four links I think are particularly useful and related to…ed tech, including some Web 2.0 apps. You might also be interested in THE BEST ED TECH RESOURCES OF 2020 – PART ONE , as well as checking out all my edtech resources . Here are this w
New Study Finds That Additional Social Studies Instruction Leads To Better Reading Comprehension
A new study from the Fordham Institute finds that schools get a bigger bang for their buck when it comes to reading instruction in the elementary grades by increasing Social Studies instructional time rather than increasing time in the Language Arts. At least, that’s the conclusion it pushes. It also points out that the key element is the background knowledge that students gain in social studies
September’s Most Popular Posts
As regular readers know, at the end of each week I share the five most popular posts from the previous seven days. I thought people might find it interesting to see a list of the ten most popular posts from the previous thirty days. You might also be interested in It’s The Thirteenth Anniversary Of This Blog – Here Are The Forty All-Time Most Popular Posts. Not to mention A LOOK BACK: 2020’S BEST
September’s “Best” Lists – There Are Now 2,193 Of Them!
Prawny / Pixabay Here’s my regular round-up of new “The Best…” lists I posted this month (you can see all 2,193 of them categorized here ). With the beginning of distance learning, I was only able to post one new one. Fortunately or unfortunately, though, it’s almost time for me to start compiling the “Best of 2020,” so there will be about thirty more coming down the pike over the next three mont
Everything You Wanted To Know About Going To College But Were Afraid To Ask
geralt / Pixabay I have over 2,100 frequently revised and updated “Best” lists on just about every subject imaginable, and you can find them listed three different ways in three different places (see Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists ). I’m starting to publish a series where each day I will highlight the “Best” lists in a separate category. Today, it’s on Going to College
My Latest BAM! Radio Show Is On Supporting Muslim & Arab Students
My latest ten-minute BAM! Radio Show is on how we can best support Arab and Muslim students. I’m joined in the discussion by Dr. Sawsan Jaber, Dr. Nina Shoman-Dajani, and Abeer Shinnawi, who have also all contributed written commentaries to my Ed Week column. In fact, Dr. Jaber has guest-edited the series, which begins next week. I’m adding it to All My BAM Radio Shows – Linked With Descriptions
Video: “The Largest Star in the Universe – Size Comparison”
FelixMittermeier / Pixabay I’m adding this new video to The Best Web Tools That Show You Objects To Scale :
Video: “What Your Life Looks Like in Numbers”
geralt / Pixabay I’m adding this new video from Bright Side to The Best Visualizations Of How People Spend Their Days :

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007