Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, September 18, 2020

A VERY BUSY DAY Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


A VERY BUSY DAY
Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day...
The latest news and resources in education since 2007
 
 

Big Education Ape: THIS WEEK IN EDUCATION Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... The latest news and resources in education since 2007 - http://bigeducationape.blogspot.com/2020/09/this-week-in-education-larry-ferlazzos_12.html



Two New Very Good Resources For Teaching About Women’s Suffrage
The United States recognized 100 years of the 19th Amendment last month. Here are two new additions to The Best Resources For Learning About Women’s Suffrage : 19 Ways to Teach the 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment is from The NY Times Learning Network. Fight for the Right:100 Years of Women Voting is an interactive from The California Museum.
“Slow Down, You Move Too Fast” Is My Distance Learning Lesson Of The Day
kewl / Pixabay I don’t really know many – if any – students in my IB Theory of Knowledge classes. After two-and-a-half weeks of full time distance learning, they seem to be going relatively well. Largely because I didn’t know them, I’ve been taking things very slowly. On the other hand, I know practically all of the students in my English Language Learner classes. Those have been pretty rocky. An
Friday’s Must-Read Articles On School Reopening
geralt / Pixabay Here are new additions to THE BEST POSTS PREDICTING WHAT SCHOOLS WILL LOOK LIKE IN THE FALL : The Crushing Reality of Zoom School is from Esquire. N.Y.C. Will Again Delay Start of In-Person Classes for Most Students is from The NY Times. Facing Monday deadline, New York City will again delay start of in-person classes is from USA Today. ‘I’m Only 1 Person’: Teachers Feel Torn Bet
In A Moment, President Trump Makes Thousands Of Students Eager To Learn About The Role Of Slavery In American History
Owantana / Pixabay As a nineteen year community organizer veteran prior to becoming a teacher, an old adage we used was that “your opponent does your best organizing for you.” President Trump demonstrated that today with his public attack on the fabulous 1619 Project (see Get A Free PDF Of The NY Times’ “1619 Project” ). You can read more about today’s ridiculousness below: Trump Announces Commis
On Sept. 21st, Zoom Implements A Feature To Allow People To Choose Their Own Breakout Rooms
Last month, I posted that Zoom Announces Feature Coming Next Month To Allow Student Choice Of Breakout Rooms . They have now announced it will be unveiled on September 21st: Based on my clumsy and time-consuming attempts at having students choose their partners by renaming themselves with the same numbers before their first names, this new feature will certainly be welcomed by my students and me.
Three Accessible Ways To Search For & Find My “Best” Lists
(Note: I am going to publish this same post once each month to remind regular readers and inform newer ones about how to access my “Best” lists) As regular readers know, I have about 2,100 categorized and regularly updated “Best” lists. You can find all of them in broad categories here . The link to that page can also be found at the top right of my blog: My Best Of Series I also have them all on
“How Should Educators Respond to Trump Administration Attack on Anti-Racist Training?”
How Should Educators Respond to Trump Administration Attack on Anti-Racist Training? is the headline of the latest post at my Ed Week Teacher column. It’s actually a guest post from Terri Watson. Terri N. Watson suggests that educators reinforce their support of Critical Race Theory in the face of 

 Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007