Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, August 22, 2020

"Have To" History: Landmark Supreme Court Cases (Promo & Supplementals) | Blue Cereal Education

"Have To" History: Landmark Supreme Court Cases (Promo & Supplementals) | Blue Cereal Education

"Have To" History: Landmark Supreme Court Cases (Promo & Supplementals)



I’ve considered blogging about the process itself in hopes it might help others considering something similar, but I’m pretty sure the way I approach most things is roundabout and unnecessarily convoluted and would probably make any reasonable person want run from the room screaming. I will say this, though – it’s an amazing feeling to finally have it done. It’s also overwhelming the number of things that go wrong in the process itself and the volume of errors and problems you discover the first time your baby finally goes live – all of which can be traced back to me one way or the other.
Don’t worry, though – everything in it is fixed and practically perfect now. You should absolutely buy a few dozen copies. They make great gifts, look good on any bookshelf (at home, school, or other workplace), and they’re just the right thickness to go under unbalanced tables or chairs or give a little boost to your computer when live conferencing so your chin doesn’t look chubby. 
"Have To" History: Landmark Supreme Court Cases: Stuff You Don't Really Want To Know (But For Some Reason Have To) About The Most Important Cases In Supreme Court History(I know - catchy, isn't it?) was a project which began largely for my own reference and classroom use. Some of the material I posted here on Blue Cereal as early drafts. I wasn’t always focused on “landmark” cases – much like with anything in history, for every thread you pull, every question you pose, every rabbit you chase, there are something like a four-hundred and eleven new threads, questions, and rabbits begging to be pulled, posed, and chased – and not always in that order. It doesn’t require you to be particularly knowledgeable or profound; it’s a simple function of focusing on, well… anything, for any real length of time.
As I tell my students, when history is “boring,” the problem isn’t the history. It’s them.
At some point I began wondering if my efforts might prove useful to other educators in their various circumstances. I’m under no illusions about my own abilities, but there’s so much out there and so little time to really dig through it; you never really CONTINUE READING: "Have To" History: Landmark Supreme Court Cases (Promo & Supplementals) | Blue Cereal Education