Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, January 24, 2020

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... | The latest news and resources in education since 2007

It's Larry Ferlazzo's Websites of the Day... A VERY BUSY DAY | The latest news and resources in education since 2007


Classroom Instruction Resources Of The Week

Each week, I publish a post or two containing three or four particularly useful resources on classroom instruction, and you can see them all here. You might also be interested in THE BEST RESOURCES ON CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION IN 2019 – PART TWO. Here are this week’s picks: Accurate and Equitable Grading is by Joe Feldman. I’m adding it to The Best Resources On Grading Practices . A Strategy for Boos
Every Teacher Should Watch This Video: “How to Use Wikipedia Wisely”

geralt / Pixabay This new – and short – video from the Stanford History Education Group suggests what I think many of us have been telling students for years to do – yes, go to Wikipedia, and immediately go to the bottom and find its sources. I’m adding it to The Best Tools & Lessons For Teaching Information Literacy – Help Me Find More .
Three New Resources For Learning About Auschwitz

carlosftw / Pixabay Here are three new additions to A Beginning List Of “Best” Resources To Learn About Auschwitz – 75 Years After It Was Liberated: Holocaust Survivor Returning To Auschwitz: ‘It’s Like Going To The Family Cemetery’ is from NPR.
A Look Back: Sister Classes Around The World

I thought that new – and veteran – readers might find it interesting if I began sharing my best posts from over the years. You can see the entire collection here . In 2008, I worked with six other English teachers in different parts of the world to create simple and easy projects where our English Learner students taught each other about their respective countries. The Sacramento Bee wrote an art
How Can We Connect Current Events To What We’re Teaching In The Classroom?”

The next question-of-the-week at my Ed Week Teacher column is: What are the best ways to connect current events to what we’re teaching in the classroom? Feel free to leave your responses in the comments section…
This Is Pretty Interesting: An Online Historical Archive Of Notebooks Used By Schoolchildren Around The World

The Exercise Book Archive is an online archive of children’s notebooks from around the world. Some are actual “exercise” notebooks, with pre-printed exercises designed to help children learn, and containing their completed notes and doodles. Others were blank notebooks that were used by teacher-created exercised filled-in by students. Many are translated, as well as being transcribed. I’m adding


Pins Of The Week

I’m fairly active on Pinterest and, in fact, have curated 20,000 resources there that I haven’t shared on this blog. I thought readers might find it useful if I began sharing a handful of my most recent “pins” each week (I’m not sure if you can see them through an RSS Reader – you might have to click throug