Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, September 1, 2019

Singing the Internationale on Labor Day. – Fred Klonsky

Singing the Internationale on Labor Day. – Fred Klonsky

SINGING THE INTERNATIONALE ON LABOR DAY.



After Eddie (Sadlowski) Fest and Labor Day Parade in Sue Sadlowski Garza’s Tenth Ward, we stopped for lunch at a neighborhood spot on the north side.
I still had the the button on my shirt that I had bought from Rathke.
Rathke is an old teacher union staffer I’ve known for years.
A good guy for sure.
Rathke was marching next to the Mother Jones float and asked if I wanted to buy a button for a buck?
I picked the one that said, “You ain’t got a thing if you ain’t got a union.”
It was perfect for a Labor Day Parade in the Tenth Ward.
It looked perfect on my bright red shirt that Candy gave me.
Later at lunch the server commented on my Mother Jones button.
“I really like that button,” he said. CONTINUE READING: Singing the Internationale on Labor Day. – Fred Klonsky