Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, August 5, 2019

The Welcome Back Letter I’d Love to Give My Students – But Can’t | gadflyonthewallblog

The Welcome Back Letter I’d Love to Give My Students – But Can’t | gadflyonthewallblog

The Welcome Back Letter I’d Love to Give My Students – But Can’t
I’m a very lucky guy.
I have reasonable autonomy, opportunities to collaborate with my co-workers and strong union protections.
Yet even after counting all my blessings, I still can’t do whatever I want. I can’t even do everything that my years of academic training and experience tells me would be best for my students.
Every year I have to watch out for this data metric and do that much more work because my district has lost even more funding to the vampire charter school in our CONTINUE READING: The Welcome Back Letter I’d Love to Give My Students – But Can’t | gadflyonthewallblog