Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, May 11, 2019

“Your Blog Dropped Me”: Restoring Email Notifications for WordPress Blogs | deutsch29

“Your Blog Dropped Me”: Restoring Email Notifications for WordPress Blogs | deutsch29

“Your Blog Dropped Me”: Restoring Email Notifications for WordPress Blogs

I began following Diane Ravitch’s blog in 2014.
Several years ago, I stopped receiving email notifications of her posts, and I was able to restore the notifications by “unfollowing” and then immediately choosing again to “follow” her blog.
Then, in April 2018, the same issue happened: No more email notifications of her posts. I tried numerous times to “trip the switch” by unfollowing-following again, but to no avail.
I also checked to see if my email was somehow sending the notifications to my spam folder, but it was not.
Contacting WordPress only produced a circuitous non-resolution in which their personnel could not seem to understand that my unfollow-follow again attempts did not cause a loss of email notifications but was instead my effort to reset WordPress’ mysteriously and spontaneously ceasing to provide email notifications of Diane ‘s new postings.
I had somehow been “dropped” from receiving email notifications through no effort of my own.
As it happens, individuals following my blog have occasionally complained of being “dropped,” meaning their email notifications from my WordPress blog had ceased appearing in their email inboxes.
I do not know what occurs at WordPress to cause the site to suddenly block those following its blogs from receiving desired email notifications. However, today, I learned how to reset the notifications, and today, for the first time in over a year, I am again receiving email notifications from Diane Ravitch’s blog.
First of all, be sure that you are indeed following the WordPress blog in question. If you are, then click this link to WordPress subscription management; one of two things will happen: 1) The link will recognize your email address and show a CONTINUE READING: “Your Blog Dropped Me”: Restoring Email Notifications for WordPress Blogs | deutsch29