Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Is Universal Pre-K Legislation A Set Up For “Lifelong Learning?” – Wrench in the Gears

Is Universal Pre-K Legislation A Set Up For “Lifelong Learning?” – Wrench in the Gears

Is Universal Pre-K Legislation A Set Up For “Lifelong Learning?”


I’m worried about universal pre-k.
Let me repeat. I’m VERY worried about universal pre-k.
I worried when Michael Bloomberg and John Arnold supported it in Philadelphia.
I worried when I learned about social impact bonds and “pay for success” finance.
I worry few people know about these new methods of intrusive pre-k data collection:
vests holding digital recorders that count words spoken to babies;
play tables with video cameras to record and assess group play dynamics;
gamified education that tracks engagement with content;
apps to nudge proper parenting behaviors via text; and
playground equipment with QR codes for phone-based recreational learning
Today’s preschoolers will grow up in this new world order.
It is being built around them.
They’re the test cases for Global Education Futures’ dystopian 2035 agenda.
gef poster
The econometricians have crunched the numbers.
The pathways are finalized.