Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Top JLV Posts of 2015 (According To You And Me) | The Jose Vilson

The Top JLV Posts of 2015 (According To You And Me) | The Jose Vilson:

The Top JLV Posts of 2015 (According To You And Me)

c/o Rafranz Davis


According to thousands of you, here are the top ten posts 2015 with a few words from each post. This blog surpassed a million views since inception. Considering I’m doing this without any major sponsorship, publications, or well-regarded co-signs, I’m ecstatic about this and so much more. Without further adieu, here they are:
  1. Opting Out Of Everything
“I wanted to listen to the whole commercial, but, instead I hurried up, paid for my groceries, and got the hell out. You guessed it: I opted out.”
  1. We’re Wrong [Reflecting on Spring Valley High]
“If I’m the black male educator who’s seeing that and I don’t react, the first words out of my mouth ought to be ‘I was wrong, and I’m sorry.'”
  1. I’m Not Racist, But My Kid’s Not Going There [On Segregation]
“The tale of two schools begins and ends with a white school and a black school, and, no matter if the schools are equal by any measure that our society deems credible, one will always be different from the other. Segregation.”
  1. Where Have All The Teachers of Color Gone? [With Answers]
“When education reformers of present-day wanted to disrupt their education systems, they competed against each other in their shows of force by shutting down, breaking up, and privatizing The Top JLV Posts of 2015 (According To You And Me) | The Jose Vilson: