Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Looking back over 2015. | Fred Klonsky

Looking back over 2015. | Fred Klonsky:

Looking back over 2015.



 Some posts from the past year:

Before the Illinois Supreme Court ruled in our favor, I started 2015 out by saying if we want to win our pensions we must also fight for peace and justice.
The IEA might lose 600 adjunct members from Columbia College. And they did.
I was an early supporter of the Progressive Caucus in the Chicago City Council. And I still am.
gridlock
With Bruce Rauner pushing Right to Work, my friend Lee Tally explained why unions were important.
2015 would be the last year I would be a delegate to an IEA or NEA Representative Assembly. The IEA was helpful for bargaining a contract, but they are not standing up for retirees.
I shaved my beard and kept my moustache for Chuy. That raised $500 for the Chuy campaign, half coming from CTU President Karen Lewis.
obama-library
There was a lot going on out in Hinsdale with the crazy Tea Party members of the board of education.
With school corruption occurring at the highest levels, in Atlanta it was African Looking back over 2015. | Fred Klonsky: