Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

You'd Be On C-SPAN Getting Mic'd Up Too [Video] | The Jose Vilson

You'd Be On C-SPAN Getting Mic'd Up Too [Video] | The Jose Vilson:

Screen Shot 2015-08-26 at 4.36.11 PM

You’d Be On C-SPAN Getting Mic’d Up Too [Video]

 JOSE VILSON VIDEO LEAVE A COMMENT

Given how little I advertised this, I’m glad so many of you got to watch this interview of me via C-SPAN’s Wasington Journal with Pedro Echevarria (shout-outs to their team):
A few things to note:
  1. I was hoping a student would call in, and that’s exactly what happened. The student who called in wrote to me later. I hope to share her e-mail later on this week.
  2. A few of my friends have commented that I handled the phone questions with calm and cojones. After some of the nonsense I dealt within 24 hours of interview, the phone interviewers were a piece of cake.
  3. My three-year-old got to see me on TV, and told me as much when I got back home. My heart is warm.
If you escaped what I escaped, you’d be on C-SPAN getting mic’d up too. Teach so hard.
Let me know what you think below.

About Jose Vilson

José Luis Vilson is a math educator, blogger, speaker, and activist. For more of my writing, buy my book This Is Not A Test: A New Narrative on Race, Class, and Education, on sale now.