Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 22, 2014

9-22-14 Ed Notes Online

Ed Notes Online:






Comment from Roseanne McCosh a rank and file MORE and long-time Ed Notes supporter
A caucus that hopes to break free of Unity's control of our union will never get the support it needs from members when distractions such as the Sharpton march or whether or not to wear blue and support NYPD divide us. My colleagues range from left leaning liberals to right wing conservatives with most of us in the middle. We disagree on various political issues of the day but we are pretty much u


I Didn't March Anymore on Climate But Did Pick up and Plant a Fig Tree
I really was going to go to the climate march even though I wrote- Another March and Why I Ain't Marchin' Anymore - U...I did include the caveat that I would march if I could get a beer at a bar afterwards. And lo and behold I received an offer from 2 lovely young ladies that if I marched they would buy me a beer. So I was in. Until my wife reminded me I was scheduled to pick up a fig tree at 10AM
Disillusioned Parent Pulled Daughter from Girls Prep Charter - another hedge funded scam
.....because of their personal guilt over what minorities must endure in order to make it in life in their twisted, unfair system, they think they can go into 'the hood' and save the little poor children. Much often, they alienate themselves from the community and establish schools that fence themselves off from the community, thinking that parents are too poor, uneducated, or tired to deal with t
Success Academy Charter School Teachers Overwhelmingly White - Higher % Than NYCDOE Schools
59% of NYC DOE teachers are white. Check out the astounding numbers of white teachers in the Success Charter school chain obtained by the Teacher Diversity Committee. If this were Birmingham in 1964 there would be lunch counter protests. Or better yet, if it were 1864 there would be calls to close down the plantations.Tonight at 5:30 there will be a hearing on more Eva controlled plantation-like s
9-20-14 Ed Notes Online Week
Ed Notes Online: Ed Notes OnlineGirls Prep Charter Takes Kids Not Picked Up on Time to Local Precinct, Threatens Parents with Administration of Childrens ServicesGirls Prep has figured out a way to start the school to prison pipeline in pre-k. Children first in the world of charters.4 by ed notes online / 21h On Democratic Centralism (Loyalty Oaths?) - From Trotsky to Shanker and Others(Albert Sha