Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, September 22, 2014

9-22-14 Jersey Jazzman - The Hidden Voices of New Jersey's Teachers of Color

Jersey Jazzman:







The Hidden Voices of New Jersey's Teachers of Color
I was going to write about the meeting I and other New Jersey teacher-bloggers had with Lily Eskelsen Garcia, the new president of the National Education Association, last weekend. But Marie Corfield -- see here and here -- and Ani McHugh have done such a good job documenting the event that I really don't think I can add much of value.Instead, let me address something about this meeting that's com






9-20-14 Jersey Jazzman NJ Ed News Round-up Jammin' All Week
Jersey Jazzman:Jersey Jazzman Jammin' All WeekThe Fine, Reformy Whines of @ConorPWilliams & @campbell_brownAs Paul Krugman recently opined: when you can't win an argument on the merits, whine about "tone":I’m far from convinced by everything that gets done today in the name of education reform. But Rhee’s and Brown’s examples are indicative of a troubling pattern for reform opponents