Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Vigor not Rigorrr Part 2 Oregon Save Our Schools:

Oregon Save Our Schools: Vigor not Rigorrr Part 2:



Putting the Public Back in Our Public Schools!


Vigor not Rigorrr Part 2






Another local commentary by a parent on the overuse of the word 'rigor' in the constant push for corporate education reform in Oregon.  Enjoy!



Oregon Save Our Schools: Schools Need Vigor, Not Rigor
Oregon Save Our Schools: Schools Need Vigor, Not Rigor: Schools Need Vigor, Not Rigorby Joanne YatvinThough my years in the classroom are long past, at heart I am still a cranky old English teacher who bristles at some of the neologisms that have crept into public language.  I never tack “ly” onto ordinal number words, or say “myself” when I mean “I” or “me.” I won’t use “access” or “impact” as ve