Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Connected Principals | Sharing. Learning. Leading.

Connected Principals | Sharing. Learning. Leading.:









The Advantage of Separating Behaviors and Academics Through a Competency-Based Grading System.
As I watched one of our teacher’s training sessions this past Wednesday, I considered how far we had come in grading practices in a fairly short period of time. Our school made the transition to competency-based grading four years ago, and despite some of “bumps in the road”, we really have never looked back. Terry Bolduc, a fifth grade teacher at our school, is also one of our training team membe
Initiate change? Of course you can! #r10tech
I had the opportunity  today to present at the Region 10 technology conference. As always, I come away amazed at the work of the Region X team. This conference has evolved over the years into a must attend the event for the Region X area. From session flow to strategic sessions, to participant size to the addition this year of FOOD TRUCKS…they are doing it right! The conversations today with educa
Myths of Technology Series: “Technology Will Replace Face-to-Face Interaction”
For ISTE 2014 in Atlanta, I will be presenting on the “Myths of Technology and Learning”. As I am really thinking about what I will be sharing at the conference, I wanted to write a series of blog posts that will help myself and others “rethink” some of these statements or arguments that you hear in relation to technology in school.  I will be writing a series of blog posts on different myths, and
Myths of Technology Series: “Technology Makes Us Narcissistic”
For ISTE 2014 in Atlanta, I will be presenting on the “Myths of Technology and Learning”. As I am really thinking about what I will be sharing at the conference, I wanted to write a series of blog posts that will help myself and others “rethink” some of these statements or arguments that you hear in relation to technology in school.  I will be writing a series of blog posts on different myths, and