Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, May 18, 2014

5-18-13 Curmudgucation Week

CURMUDGUCATION:









Serious People

Why is it that I'm so hard on some people I disagree with here and so gentle with others? Because I have a hard time taking people seriously when they aren't serious people.Certain positions in the current debates indicate clearly how serious a person is. I don't support the idea of national education standards; I think it's a bad idea, doomed to failure, that will not yield any of the benefits it


5-17-13 Curmudgucation Week
CURMUDGUCATION:PA Charters Don't Want To Die By SwordIn Philadelphia, Irony has collided with Karma, casing an explosion of hilariously tragic tears.First, some history. Philadelphia schools have suffered from financial and political issues (PA's school funding system is messed up, but we'll save that for another day), as well as questions about how well it was actually teaching children. In the l