Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, May 15, 2014

5-15-14 @ The Chalk Face

@ THE CHALK FACE:





More on the USDOE Principal Ambassador Fellowship Program
On May 14, 2014, I wrote this post on the US Department of Education’s (USDOE) Principal Ambassador Fellowship Program (PAF). I note that via PAF, it is possible for US Secretary of Education Arne Duncan to monitor and control local districts of education. My concern is that districts employing Duncan’s PAFs unwittingly open the door to site-level […]

My Speech to the Graduates: Don’t Listen to Graduation Speakers
My Speech to the Graduates: Don’t Listen to Graduation Speakers. via My Speech to the Graduates: Don’t Listen to Graduation Speakers.

Congratulations Mayor Baraka and Newark!
Congratulations Mayor Ras Baraka! Thank you Newark! Congratulations to all of you who help assume mayoral responsibilities! Ras Baraka and the students, teachers, and families of Newark have risen up and handed a pivotal defeat to corporate reformers. Your grassroots efforts repelled the last minute infusion of cash from the Billionaires’ Boys Club. You took […]


5-14-14 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: My Interview with CounterpunchSacramento jounralist Seth Sandronsky learned of the release of my book, A Chronicle of Echoes, and requested an interview on the book and other issues, including questions about my personal history and varied education reform topics. His interview is posted in the online publication, Counterpunch May 14, 2014  An Interview With Mercedes K. Schneider