Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 18, 2014

Sol Stern and Common Core: Still Disconnected | deutsch29

Sol Stern and Common Core: Still Disconnected | deutsch29:



Sol Stern and Common Core: Still Disconnected

April 17, 2014


On April 6, 2014, I published this post, entitled, Sol Stern Thinks Common Core Is About Rich Curriculum. In the post, I rebutted another post of Stern’s entitled, A Sorry Attack on the Common Core.
On April 17, 2014, Stern responded in this post entitled, The Real Common Core Story.
Hardly the “real” story of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS); nevertheless, it is a catchy title.
Stern makes it clear that responding to my post is beneath him except that my post appeared on Diane Ravitch’s blog:
Normally, it wouldn’t occur to me to respond to Schneider’s fact-deprived attack—except that it appeared on Ravitch’s blog, which reaches tens of thousands of readers on some days. 
Stern doesn’t value my “fact deprived” work. I think I’ll just give up writing and rock in a fetal position.
JK.
But it sure bothered him that my “fact deprived” work appeared on Diane Ravitch’s blog.
He doesn’t like being ripped in front of Ravitch’s “thousands a day.” In fact, Ravitch’s