Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, April 14, 2014

4-14-14 Schools Matter

Schools Matter: Why the Growing Opt Out Movement Puts Fear into the Antiquated Losers of Corporate Education Reform:









Why the Growing Opt Out Movement Puts Fear into the Antiquated Losers of Corporate Education Reform

I was chatting today with someone I had not seen in a while, and told them about my work in support of United Opt Out and how it could 6 percent of parents keeping their children home on test days could make the tests unusable for the sorting and punishing they are intended. Brilliant, she said. Brilliant, indeed.  That is why the creaky dean of CorpEd, Chester Finn, has offered his own "love


4-13-14 Schools Matter
Schools Matter: Assessing the Model: A KIPP Teacher Speaks of Her Nervous Breakdown and Post-KIPP Recovery, Part 3"I would say that working at KIPP was the most horrible experience of my life. I would tell people that, I would tell a friend especially that the message is good with KIPP, that you want to send all kids to and through college. But it is at such great personal sacrifice that it’s