Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, March 16, 2014

3-16-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






Around The Web In ESL/EFL/ELL
I’ve started a somewhat regular feature where I share a few posts and resources from around the Web related to ESL/EFL or to language in general that have caught my attention: Next Blog Carnival Announcement from David Deubelbeiss: On April 1st, Sylvia Guinan will be hosting the 40th edition of the ELT Blog Carnival.  It will be about “Ideas For Teaching With Technology”.  A great topic!    Share

Excellent (& I Mean EXCELLENT!) Post On Asking Questions
MindShift has published an absolutely great post titled Why It’s Imperative to Teach Students How to Question as the Ultimate Survival Skill, written by Warren Berger. My colleagues and I were just discussing different strategies to help students value the importance of asking thoughtful questions — we’re teaching lessons on the difference between literal and interpretative questions now (I’ve wr

Will It Ever Be Possible For A Teacher To Trust Bill Gates?
I posted Gates Foundation Makes Its Move In California — And It Looks Like Somebody Is Giving Them Good Advice a couple of months ago, and I still believe what I wrote. However, I’ve just got to say that every time Bill Gates speaks in public, he makes me question whether I should…. Rolling Stone just published an interview with him. Here’s an excerpt: Come on, Bill. Perhaps you should read The B

Videos Of The Week
In yet another effort to get at my backlog of resources to share, I recently began this feature to share useful videos. I’ll still periodically highlight certain ones on their own, but the rest will be found on this regular post: Here’s an interesting video with Neil Degrasse Tyson that might, or might not, be viewable on an RSS Reader: I’m adding this next from The Wall Street Journal to The Be


Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 3-15-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE DAYThe Best Resources On The Dangers Of MultitaskingI’m beginning to prepare and short lesson on dangers of multitasking, and thought I’d bring together some of the resources I’ll be using for it. Additional suggestions are welcome: Don’t Multitask: Your Brain Will Thank You is from TIME. Why