Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Those Teachers Just Want a Day Off!": Are Teachers Ever "Off"?

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: "Those Teachers Just Want a Day Off!": Are Teachers Ever "Off"?:



"Those Teachers Just Want a Day Off!": Are Teachers Ever "Off"?


"Those teachers just want a day off!"


She didn't know I was a teacher.She laughed it off when my husband and I told her. "Well, I guess I better 
watch what I say about teachers then, huh?"

Too late.

My hubby and I found ourselves in the emergency room before school closings were announced. (He's good now). The nurse did not know whether schools were closed. The above was her response after I informed her that her son's school was closed.

Of course, I had to school her. :)

1. It's not the teachers who decide to close schools due to the weather.

2. The schools are closed for the safety of your child.

3.  Multiple snow days become unbearable for us because our students are