Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 23, 2014

2-23-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:








From The Archives: “Dancing Guy: Why teachers should ignore his advice”
I’ve recently re-started an effort I’ve tried to do previously by regularly highlighting previous posts and articles I’ve shared in previous years that I think might be worth a second look. One piece I wrote that received a fair mount of negative feedback was Dancing Guy: Why teachers should ignore his advice, which appeared in The Washington post. Here’s an excerpt. Let me know what you think:


Final Sochi Resources
Here are some final additions to The Best Sites For Learning About The Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games: Sochi Winter Olympic Games closing ceremony – in pictures is from The Guardian. Closing Ceremony Draws Russia’s Big Moment to a Close is from NBC. 10 Inspiring Sochi Moments That Embody the Olympic Spirit is from Mashable. Sochi’s bleak future: What happens to Olympic cities after the Olympics

The “All-Time” Best Ways To Create Online Content Easily & Quickly
I’ve been posting annual lists of the Best Ways To Create Online Content Easily & Quickly for seven years. I thought it would be useful for readers, my students, and me to review them all and identify my choices for the “all-time” best ones. These web tools are excellent ways for English Language Learners, and others who might not be very tech-savvy, to have a good experience working with tec




Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Week… 2-22-14 …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EF
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLARRY FERLAZZO’S WEBSITES OF THE DAYGreat Video For Language Development (& For Ethics Discussion): “Would you give your jacket to Johannes?”Here’s a great video created by an organization in Norway to raise awareness of the plight of Syrian refugee children. English Language Learners can describe what they see happening