Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Will I or Won’t I? | Crazy Crawfish's Blog

Will I or Won’t I? | Crazy Crawfish's Blog:



Will I or Won’t I?

Posted on January 21, 2014






Now that the pseudo-speculation is over about David Vitter entering the governor’s race. . .
Republican U.S. Sen. David Vitter will be a candidate in Louisiana’s 2015 governor’s race, announcing his decision this morning in an email to supporters. “I believe that as our next Governor, I can have a bigger impact addressing the unique challenges and opportunities we face in Louisiana,” the senator says in an email obtained by The Associated Press from a member of Vitter’s staff. Vitter’s announcement ends months of speculation about his intentions, and his decision is expected to influence which other potential candidates enter the race. Read Daily Report AM for more on this story.
Maybe it’s time to consider livening up this race myself? Does anyone remember when we used to have interesting races where people actually debated and talked about issues rather than simply anointing the candidate with the most money obtained from corporate sponsors who simply sold us out to their donors? I have a plan for taxation, education and government streamlining (eliminating the wasteful no-bid contracts like the one Jindal just handed to campaign contributor Alvarez & Marsal would be a great start.)
Personally, I think there is too much corporate money in elections. Vitter and his allies are trying to remove all campaign limits for corporate SuperPac donors. I want to reduce the amount of outside money and