Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, January 30, 2014

1-30-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:











Just Emailed Free Monthly Newsletter
I just sent out my free monthly newsletter to two thousand subscribers. You can subscribe here if you’re interested…..
Infographic: “Chinese New Year”
I’m adding this infographic to The Best Resources For Chinese New Year: 50 Unbelievable Facts About Chinese New Year [Infographic] by the team at Giraffe
January’s “The Best…” Lists – There Are Now 1,257 Of Them!
Here’s my monthly round-up of new “The Best…” lists I posted this month (you can see all 1,257 of them categorized here): The Best Sites For Learning About The International Space Station The Best Sites For Learning About South Africa A Beginning List Of The Best Resources On California’s Drought The Best Fun Sesame Street Songs — Contribute Your Own! The Best Resources On California Court Case A
Infographic: “In Charted Waters – Mapping a Brave New World”
Here’s a pretty cool interactive infographic from MSC Cruises: Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually.
January’s Best Tweets – Part Five
Every month I make a few short lists highlighting my choices of the best resources I through (and learned from) Twitter, but didn’t necessarily include them in posts here on my blog. I’ve already shared in earlier posts several new resources I found on Twitter — and where I gave credit to those from whom I learned about them. Those are not included again in this post. If you don’t use Twitter, yo


More Chinese New Year Resources
Here are new additions to The Best Resources For Chinese New Year, which starts tomorrow: How to Teach Chinese New Year is from The Guardian.








1-29-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: ‘Teaching Character Is Not A Program Or Curriculum’‘Teaching Character Is Not A Program Or Curriculum’ is Part Two in my Ed Week Teacher series on teaching character. Here are some excerpts:by Larry Ferlazzo / 1h   1-28-14 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFLLarry Ferlazzo’s Websites of