Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 13, 2013

tomhayden.com - The Peace Exchange Bulletin - Support the Peace and Justice Resource Center in 2014!

tomhayden.com - The Peace Exchange Bulletin - Support the Peace and Justice Resource Center in 2014!:

SUPPORT THE PEACE AND JUSTICE RESOURCE CENTER IN 2014!

Will You Still Need Me, Will You Still Feed Me, When I'm 64 74?

December 11, 2013 
I turn 74 today, and with your support feel fully ready to write my brains out until they last. I am oddly proud that my work is uncompensated in this money-made country. That's right, the hundred or so Peace Exchange Bulletin articles of the past year - unpaid labor. The dozens of The Nation and Huffington Post pieces - also unpaid. An opinion piece in the Los Angeles Times or The Guardian - a couple of hundred bucks towards my kid's education and music classes. Two years' work on a book - maybe a thousand bucks a month, with no money for advertisements and promotion. You get the picture, because many of you are in the same boat or an even leakier one. 
Before 2013 ends, please make a contribution to the PJRC to pay for my stellar research assistant, Emma Taylor, and our minor administrative expenses. Nothing's free, but we are as free as it gets. If you cannot donate to the PJRC, please pledge to copy, paste and circulate our materials as widely as you can. And send feedback too. 
One of the nicest messages I've received recently came from Michael Ratner, the human rights attorney who heads the Center for Constitutional Rights in New York, which has been litigating