Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, December 13, 2013

My Q-and-A with author Dan Pink: Using motivational questioning and more in the classroom | My Island View

My Q-and-A with author Dan Pink: Using motivational questioning and more in the classroom | My Island View:

My Q-and-A with author Dan Pink: Using motivational questioning and more in the classroom



From my introduction to Dan Pink through his book Drive I was amazed at how he could write a book about business that pertained so much to what educators do. It was not in the sense of how to create widgets, which is often a business approach to education, but rather what incents people to do what they do in the best way possible. It was more than just the best way to drive students, but the best way to drive educators to their highest potential as well. For that reason Dan has been recognized and engaged by national and international education organizations to address their memberships. I have listened to several of his keynotes with never a disappointment. In personal conversations I have found him to be a really nice guy. I sought him out at a recent trip to D.C. to ask him about his new book, To Sell Is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others . I was hoping to find his latest book to be as educator-friendly as Drive.
1. You say that today, like it or not, we’re all salespeople.  Is that true even