Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

12-4-13 @ THE CHALK FACE

@ THE CHALK FACE:




Despite our best evidence, Camika Royal still considers TFA a viable option. Say again?
This, from GOOD Magazine. What’s the (yet) supposed to mean? That TFA has not violated the trust of our public education system time and again over the last several years, aligning itself with every neoliberal outfit imaginable? To wit: Though I find it highly problematic, I also agree with theHarvard Crimson editorial board in this statement: […]

More on Failing Writing, and Students
More on Failing Writing, and Students. via More on Failing Writing, and Students.


A Common MisCOREception?
I’m having a difficult time understanding the argument against the actual CCSS. I’m not referring to HOW they were developed, or ARE financed, but the case against using the anchor standards as a guide for lesson planning. Basically, there are four anchor standards, each provided in length below. As a social studies teacher, I cannot […]


12-3-13 @ The Chalk Face
@ THE CHALK FACE: iGradeU: The 7 Superpowers Every Teacher Must MasterAre you a superhero teacher? Well, what about a good teacher with superpowers? Personally speaking, I rather be the latter. Here’s my list of superpowers, which I’m constantly developing. By no means does this imply that I have the magic formula. However, this is a list I use to remind myself that teaching requires constant […]b