Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, November 15, 2013

11-15-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL

Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL:






“Collection Of Tweets From First Week’s Chat On Classroom Management”
I’ve just posted a collection of tweets over at Education Week summarizing the first week’s chat on classroom management and my new Ed Week book on that topic. There’s a fair amount of useful information there. And there’s a second, and final, week to go in the discussion!

YESTERDAY

There Are Now Exactly 1,200 “The Best…” Lists
My earlier post on John F. Kennedy was the 1,200 “The Best…” list I’ve published over the past six years, and you can see them all here. I do a reasonable job of keeping most of them up-to-date, and hope you’ve found them as helpful to your teaching practice as they have been to mine…
The Best Online Resources About President John F. Kennedy
The fiftieth anniversary of President Kennedy’s assassination is coming up next week, and I’ll certainly be making additions to this list. Here’s a start: JFK in Photos is from The Atlantic. Textbooks Reassess Kennedy, Putting Camelot Under Siege is from The New York Times. Fifty Years Later is an interactive site from NBC News. JFK 50 is from The Dallas Morning News. 5 Headlines That Would Have

11-14-13 Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL
Larry Ferlazzo’s Websites of the Day… | …For Teaching ELL, ESL, & EFL: Nice Spanish-Language Instructional Math Video CollectionYesterday, I posted how I was working with our Geometry teacher to help support math instruction for my Beginning English Language Learners. As part of that post, I referred to The Best Multilingual & Bilingual Sites For Math, Social Studies, & Science. Today,