Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, November 11, 2013

11-11-13 Schools Matter

Schools Matter:



Common Core’s nonsensical, corporate questions confuse even Shinonome Nano!
Common Core’s nonsensical, corporate questions confuse even Shinonome Nano! #CCSS #LAUSD http://t.co/L1qOH2gQqi— Robert D. Skeels (@rdsathene) November 12, 2013
St. Paul Teachers in Historic Battle
Sign the petition and support the St. Paul teachers.A message from Jesse Hagopian:I have been in close contact with the Saint Paul Federation of Teachers union president Mary Catherine Ricker who is leading one of the most important struggles for public education in the nation.Mary is very inspired by the Seattle MAP boycott and has asked for my support in their struggle against standardized testi



Part 3: Has Corporate Education "Reform" Earned Another 25 Years to Complete the Resegregation and Privatization Agendas?
The continued hydroplaning of NAEP scores nationally allows the world to see what the corporate education losers will not admit: the 3rd generation of test based accountability is not working. Rather than moving beyond corporate ed reform's status quo (oxymoron alert), however, Duncan and the shrinking elements of the corporate media that still print the CorpEd news releases point, instead, to the
11-10-13 Schools Matter
Schools Matter: Grinding Rogues HonestThis is not about our public school system.  But, as I see it, this is what I want to find in our public school system.When I was in high school I got a speech once from the basketball coach intended to teach me a life lesson.  I imagine I was goofing around rather than applying myself with absolute discipline and determination to the task at hand of jumping i