Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The “Magical Me” Ms. Rhee | Seattle Education

The “Magical Me” Ms. Rhee | Seattle Education:

The “Magical Me” Ms. Rhee

The other day I received the type of comment that I love to respond to. I initially thought I would reply to the angry attack in the comment section of the Rhee-event post. Then I decided that it was time to create a special page on Michelle Rhee posting all of the articles that I have collected on her and her career.
After completing the page, I thought hmm, why not make this page into a post to share with all of our Seattle Education readers.
The comment referred to me as being ignorant of Michelle Rhee and that I should stick to issues in the Northwest. Well, you can’t disconnect what is happening nationally from what is happening or might occur in our neck of the woods. It’s all related, this effort at the corporate takeover of our public schools.
So, without further ado, the following post that will be a page on our website:
Michelle Rhee
Ms. Rhee (pronounced "re")
Ms. Rhee (pronounced “re”)
The “Magical Me” Ms. Rhee has caused destruction in her path from the time she burst onto the scene in DC as Chancellor of DC Public Schools, with little experience in the classroom but a lot of help from Eli Broad of the Broad Foundation. She immediately closed 26 schools and fired 266 teachers with the implication that sexual misconduct was the reason for the firings. As it turned out, one teacher was charged with sexual