Saturday evening was the annual Arlington County Democratic Jefferson-Jackson Dinner.  I am not doing as much politically this cycle, either volunteering or financially, because of my wife's illness and my forthcoming new job.  But I am a consistent supporter of the local Democratic party (which is VERY EFFECTIVE) so I attended the dinner (where I was at one of several head tables) and the VIP reception.  Gubernatorial candidate Terry McAuliffe was only present for part of the dinner and his keynote, but AG Candidate Mark Herring and LG Candidate Ralph Northam (who sat across from me at dinner) both mingled, along with a lot of other prominent local Democrats.
You can hear the remarks all three candidates gave by clicking on this Blue Virginia post by lowkell, which has video.
I want to give my sense of where this election cycle is.  And remember - we not only have the three statewide races - which are all elected separately - we also have all 100 seats in the House of Delegates up for grabs.
And as far as the two statewide slates?  It is hard to imagine a greater contrast, either on policy or on the question of unity.
Please continue beneath the cheese-doodle.