Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

UPDATE: Civil Rights Lawyers Sign Open Letter to Stop Chicago Schools Closure and Privatization Scheme – @ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER

Civil Rights Lawyers Sign Open Letter to Stop Chicago Schools Closure and Privatization Scheme – @ THE CHALK FACE knows SCHOOLS MATTER:



Being Jeb...a pretend interview.

Reblogged from Blue Hat Movement: Hi, my name is Charlie and I want to present to you a scenario.  For the sake of explaining a portion of what is happening to our public schools, I am going to perform a little magic and transport you to a world where I am Jeb Bush.  But first, […]



Sent by Jon Lubar, a few words on chronic absenteeism

I invited a guest speaker to come into one of my classes who teaches at one of worst high schools in the country–literally, it’s on a list. In any event, this teacher stated that of the 120 students or so on record, he’ll see in a good day about half of them. And since he’s […]


You Are Not the PROBLEM, I Am Not the PROBLEM; the PROBLEM Is the PROBLEM

At Bridging Differences, veteran educator Deborah Meier and reformer Mike Petrilli are debating who is the problem. And, that is a step up from their previous disagreement over who was a part of the disease. While I side with Meier, I would like to make a couple of suggestions for the further bridging of differences. […]


Civil Rights Lawyers Sign Open Letter to Stop Chicago Schools Closure and Privatization Scheme