Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, May 6, 2013

Baltimore City Public Schools CEO Alonso Announces Retirement | Re:education in Baltimore

Baltimore City Public Schools CEO Alonso Announces Retirement | Re:education in Baltimore:


Baltimore City Public Schools CEO Alonso Announces Retirement

From my inbox:
Monday, May 6, 2013
Dear City Schools Partners and Friends,
I am writing to you today to let you know that at the end of the current school year, I will retire and leave Baltimore City Public Schools and this great city to return to my home in New Jersey to care for my aging parents and begin an academic position at the Harvard Graduate School of Education. It has not been an easy decision, because what we have accomplished together in recent years has been both important and extremely gratifying to me, professionally and personally. But life presents us with seasons, and it is time now for me to shift my focus.
I want to thank the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners for the opportunity to help lead this era of reform in City Schools and for its commitment to transformational change. But without