Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Schools and their Strategic Plan

Seattle Schools Community Forum: Seattle Schools and their Strategic Plan:


Seattle Schools and their Strategic Plan

Seattle Schools and their Strategic Plan

You'd think after all the years that I've complained about parents being not included in district initiatives that I might have welcomed the planning for the new Strategic Plan.

Nope.

My first inkling of "Danger, Will Robinson" was this what? 50,60,70-person Strategic Plan Taskforce.  I knew I wouldn't be applying for that one because I can only imagine a meeting with that many people.

Second, isn't this the Board and the Superintendent's job?  I mean, draw up a plan, get input/feedback and roll it out.

Third, I attend the first community meeting for the planning at Eckstein last week.  I've been to many of these dog-and-pony shows and frankly, I wasn't impressed.  There were maybe 50 people including Directors Peaslee,