Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ed Notes Online: "I Am Not a Crook," Rhee Heading for Perp Walk?

Ed Notes Online: "I Am Not a Crook," Rhee Heading for Perp Walk?:


"I Am Not a Crook," Rhee Heading for Perp Walk?

I imagine some of you think this Rhee "head on Nixon body" photoshop I keep up on the Ed Notes sidebar was just done.

In fact David Bellel did it for me many years ago fairly early in her reign as DC supt. I was so sure it would come in handy time and again.





I think we did them for Joel Klein, Chris Cerf, John White. We never thought of Beverly Hall but should have. In fact I know so much about who cheated and when in some districts here in NYC, cheating going back way before BloomKlein years, there would be many indictments.

For instance, the DOE has been sitting on a story for years about a high school principal who openly forced her teachers to cheat under threat of U ratings. And many did. There are tapes and whistleblowers but silence.
The DOE fired the principal for some semi-bullshit excuse while covering up the cheating and in fact going after some of the teachers who were under threat of losing their jobs.

Best of all, the network people knew exactly what was going on and no one has paid. In fact, one of the awful