Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, October 15, 2012

School Tech Connect: Rogers Park Is Getting Organized

School Tech Connect: Rogers Park Is Getting Organized:


Rogers Park Is Getting Organized

Blogging from the porch tonight. With darkness falling earlier, the dogs want to lie in wait for the raccoons at a pretty early hour.

I don't have much news. it appears that Diane's in town tonight, giving Rahm hell for his terrible education policy. For my part I can only report that Rogers Park is ready for the message.

I attended a local meeting on Sunday of a core group that's ready to stand up to the charter invasion up here. It's always encouraging to go to a meeting where other people are more versed in the issues than you are. We had people aware of the troubles up at the new UNO, and people aware of the Gulen connection at our other local charter.

I always feel like I'm talking to an empty room when I blog about the lackluster Chicago Math and Academy, and its direct connection to a worldwide religious-nationalist phenomenon. But apparently the whole neighborhood