Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 11, 2012

My letter in Sojourners Magazine re: real reform Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive »

Parents United for Responsible Education » Blog Archive » My letter in Sojourners Magazine re: real reform:


My letter in Sojourners Magazine re: real reform

Sojourners Magazine just published a blog comment/letter to the editor I wrote in response to a previous article by Nicole Baker Fulgham, “Beyond ‘Superman,’” which referenced “Waiting for Superman” in recommending that meaningful reform must involve all stakeholders having a stronger, more meaningful voice in school decision-making.
Fulgham wrote: “As an African-American woman and a Christian, I have undergone my own process to unpack the unique and often deeply held beliefs of communities that have been historically marginalized and disenfranchised within public discourse. I’ve come to believe that we have to find authentic ways to give all stakeholders a voice in the dialogue and decision-making. Otherwise we run the risk of well-intentioned school


Educational Courage on CSM Top 15 list