Latest News and Comment from Education

Thursday, October 4, 2012

It is what it is. But what if it’s WRONG? « @ the chalk face

It is what it is. But what if it’s WRONG? « @ the chalk face:


It is what it is. But what if it’s WRONG?

2
October 4, 2012 by slekar

Last night I attended my local school board meeting to use my three minutes of public comment time to address the board.  I was there to continue my comments from last school year on teacher evaluations and why the board should at least think about the consequences when our teachers and principals will be forced to have 50% of their evaluation determined by the invalid high stakes test scores of the children taking these invalid measurements.
Here’s what I said last year.  This year I went in without a formal speech.  I took my seat and once the meeting started I was immediately called on to address the board (Public comment is always first).
I reminded the board of the points I made last year concerning Value Added