Latest News and Comment from Education

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Final Reflections on ISTE 2012

Reflections on Teaching » Blog Archive » Final Reflections on ISTE 2012:


Final Reflections on ISTE 2012

Conversations are critical

I’ve said it before, and so have most bloggers who were there, the conversations in the hallway and at the end of the day are as critical to what you will learn at a conference as the sessions. Sometimes they are more important, because as much as we are all intrigued by shiny new tools, its our personal relationships that make them work best. This blog would be nothing without the ongoing support I get from readers. My practice relies on my relationships with students and parents (however imperfect those may sometimes be). Conversations I had outside of Brian Bridge’s session with Brian and others, helped contextualize his presentation. My conversations with others about Common Core, were my first indication of a disconnect between the implementation timeline, and fiscal reality.

Meeting new folks

I solidified some existing relationships with others, and met some new folks at the conference. I will admit that I