Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Carol Burris on the Art of Teaching « Diane Ravitch's blog

Carol Burris on the Art of Teaching « Diane Ravitch's blog:


Carol Burris on the Art of Teaching

This morning I posted Carol Burris’s essay about the Relay Graduate School of Education. Carol Burris is the principal of South Side High School in Rockville Center, Long Island.
Many people wrote comments and discussed what they thought of Relay’s method of teaching as represented by a video embedded in Burris’s essay, taken from the Relay website.
I invited Carol to respond to the many comments, and this is what she wrote today:
My Answersheet blog on Relay opened up an interesting discussion on teaching and learning, both on that blog and on Diane’s blog. That is a good thing, and I am happy to enter the dialogue on this topic, although I certainly am not an expert.  First, let me say that I am not critiquing the young woman in the video. She is merely