Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, June 17, 2012

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: I HAVE TO STOP READING DIANE RAVITCH'S BLOG!

DIARY OF A PUBLIC SCHOOL TEACHER!: I HAVE TO STOP READING DIANE RAVITCH'S BLOG!:


BLOG!





My summer vacation began on June 13 and Diane Ravitch has started blogging. What's the connection? Well, every morning when I open my email, there are about 4-7 posts from Diane Ravitch. She doesn't send them to me personally. But, being a person who wants to know what's going on in the realm of education, besides the latest edtech tool, hers is one of the blogs I subscribe to.

Here's the thing though. Every time I open one of her posts, and begin to read, I get angry, frustrated, and outraged at what is happening around this country regarding education!  My stomach gets tied up in knots, I shake my head repeatedly, I talk to the "ed reformers" Diane refers to (and I am not saying nice things either),and the word "What?" "What?" spews from my mouth repeatedly!(You should have seen