Latest News and Comment from Education

Friday, April 20, 2012

No does mean “NO” « Cooperative Catalyst

No does mean “NO” « Cooperative Catalyst:

No does mean “NO”
by 

If it is good enough to combat drug abuse, why not the test? Just say "NO".

I visited a web site about a New York education conference at which individuals joined “a leading author and architect of the Common Core State Standards (CCSS), David Coleman, to understand how the Core Standards for College and Career Readiness build on the work New York State has done in developing a standards-based system and their specific implications for teachers and instructional leaders state wide.” I was agog after viewing a video of Mr. Coleman’s presentation on “how to read” Martin Luther King’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail”. I had thought the letter to have more meaning than what its words, standing alone, suggest.
I was wrong. I guess I sometimes need a whack on the side of the head to learn.
I work with a number of ambulance operations (public and private) and institutions that provide training/education