Latest News and Comment from Education

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Fussing with the Word “Transformation” | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice

Fussing with the Word “Transformation” | Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice:


Fussing with the Word “Transformation”

Recently at a dinner in my home, I heard this story retold with glee from one of the guests. She told of her friend who had lost her iPhone and was frantic. Then she found it. She was overjoyed and spontaneously said to the iPhone: “If I had met you before I met my husband I would have married you.”
Of course, we all laughed. Each of us–all college educated, all professionals using mobile devices with laptops and desktops at home–had stories to tell about misplaced phones and moments of panic. But no one spoke of a marriage proposal.
It is a tale that speaks to the enormous hold that smart phones have on our minds, our bodies–watch people