Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Evaluate Me, Please « teach from the heart

Evaluate Me, Please « teach from the heart:
teach from the heart


Evaluate Me, Please




 I’ve said it before; I’ve never taught a perfect lesson. After each one I step back and look to see what I can do to make it better. My lesson plans are full of notes. Things that don’t work get tossed. Things get tweaked. Resources get added. Information is growing too quickly to do the same thing over and over.
When I was working toward National Board Certification, I was a little hesitant to videotape my class, and even more hesitant to sit and watch myself in action. However, once I started watching, I saw things I did really well and things I needed to work on. It led me to tap the resources all around me; my colleagues. I even shared the videos with the class, using them as teaching tools to point out the group dynamics I wanted to foster and those that 


GO TO