Latest News and Comment from Education

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Jersey Jazzman: Update: Happy "Where's Cerf's Charter Report?" Day!

Jersey Jazzman: Update: Happy "Where's Cerf's Charter Report?" Day!:


Update: Happy "Where's Cerf's Charter Report?" Day!

Professor Baker rightly chides me for not being clear in my message about "Where's Cerf's Charter Report?" Day.
@jerseyjazzman I beg of you. Please don't push for an analysis to be done that can't be done well with current data. You know what we'll get
It's a good point, and I need to be clear about this: another b.s. report from the NJ DOE about the wonders of charters is the last thing I'm calling for.

Cerf said he was going to hire "an independent agency" to look at the charter data. But, as Baker has shownhere and here, the NJ DOE's reports under Cerf are consistently garbage. The Global Education Advisors report on Newark school closing, shepherded in by Cerf, is garbage. Both Howard Wainer and Matt DiCarlo have shown