Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 6, 2012

Write On! My Kids WANT to Write! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!

Write On! My Kids WANT to Write! « Diary of a Public School Teacher!:

Write On! My Kids WANT to Write!

I have to admit, as much as I love to write, trying to squeeze it into my school day for my kids, was just not working. I mean, yes, we wrote in a variety of subjects. And yes, we had our Writing block, but…something was missing, and I couldn’t put my finger on it. The principal requested that we have our kids write every day, nonfiction writing. Why? Because research shows… Okaaay, that wasn’t working for me either. I don’t know about you, but I would not want to write about nonfiction topics every day.

What to do? What to do? Hmmm…

About two weeks ago, I decided I was going to stop watching the clock, my schedule, the