Latest News and Comment from Education

Monday, February 6, 2012

School Tech Connect: Cussing at the Key

School Tech Connect: Cussing at the Key:

Cussing at the Key

I have some wonderful writers on my blogroll. Did you see The Dayton Street Shuffle over at Science Teacher? She's writing about the shut-er-down mentality that's taken hold there in Newark, as it has everywhere poor people are congregated.

I don't know enough about the specifics today to comment cogently, so I won't. We'd all be better off if others would abide the same advice.

I do know enough that some jackass is going to say I'm defending the status quo.Then I will be told that zip code is not destiny by some pale person who has never thought twice about the cost of a cup of coffee.

I don't defend the staus quo--that's why I made housecalls in the projects. That's why I've