Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday links. « Fred Klonsky

Sunday links. « Fred Klonsky:

Sunday links.

Chicago’s Crane High School. When they close it, where does the glory go?

The death of Whitney Houston is a sad one. Such a waste. I’ll leave it to others to debate the broader cultural implications. I spent last night alone watching the news reports and flashing back to visions of my girls when they were kids, pretend microphones in hand, lip syncing to Whitney and mimicking her choreography on the dining room floor. Anne singing along to I’m Every Woman and messing up the words, singing “climb every woman” instead. And the girls giggling at their mom. My favorite Whitney Houston song: Lyrics by Wyclef Jean. ‘Cause your love is my love and my love is your love. It would take an eternity to break us and the chains of Amistad couln’t hold us.

JC Brizard on Ken Davis’ Chicago Newsroom. Brizard says he just wants to help the teachers union evolve. I