Latest News and Comment from Education

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Why I’m No Longer Tweeting « Outside the Cave

Why I’m No Longer Tweeting « Outside the Cave:

Why I’m No Longer Tweeting

It’s been a month and a half now since I’ve looked at the never ending stream of updates from the people I follow on Twitter or Facebook. And while I am thankful for the network of excellent educators I’ve connected with through Twitter, I came the conclusion that it wasn’t something I wanted to keep in my life anymore.

What follows is an explanation of why I’m making that decision. I’m not suggesting that everyone should make the decision. I’m also not deleting my accounts, so that I can still connect with people through both mediums. I’m also regularly checking my RSS reader and reading the many longer and more thoughtful edublogs I find there.

Last year, I became convinced I developed adult ADD. I felt like I was loosing my ability to concentrate on any